This has been one of my most anticipated posts. Not just because it’s part of Blogoween, but I have had my Halloween crafts sat in a box for weeks and I’ve been dying to sit down with Finlay to have some fun! So please join me if your looking for some fantastic spookily fun Halloween Craft Ideas for your Kids this Halloween!
So for this, you will need:
- Toilet tubes
- Green, purple, orange, black paint
- White toilet tissue
- Black and white craft foam
- Paint brushes
- Green Card
- Boggly Eyes
- Black pen/sharpie
Halloween Toilet Tube Craft Ideas
Black Bats: Fold down and pinch together the top of your toilet tube to form the bat ears. Paint the whole thing, Black. Using the black foam, cut out some Bat wings. Cut it so that both wings are on one piece of foam. Glue the centre of the bat wings and stick it across the back of your tube.… Read More
Today is the 01st October and that means it is officially Halloween season! It was only a few weeks ago that we were threatened with an Indian summer and all of a sudden there’s a certain crispness to the air. The seasons have changed and a cosy autumnal feeling is now all around. It won’t be long until that long awaited ‘All Hallows Eve‘ on the 31st October!
Halloween has to be one of my favourite holidays – It’s just so much fun and there is so much to see and do on the lead up to the actual day. I can’t wait to visit some local Halloween attractions and hopefully this year get some great pumpkin patch photos. I have completely stocked up on Halloween themed goodies which is something I have always been rubbish at doing. So this year, we are well and truly ready to go!… Read More
Are you ready to learn some awesome pumpkin carving tips? I have 9 to give you the spookiest looking and the most scrumptious smelling pumpkins that will last the whole Halloween holiday! Are you ready? Pumpkins, of course are one of the essential accessories for Halloween and we always have at least one pumpkin in our house! I’m usually the one who scoops out the insides, while Chris carves out the design. I think between us we are now Pro carvers. So I thought why not share our expert pumpkin carving tips and tips on how to carve the perfect Halloween Pumpkin. Don’t waste the innards either, Check out my Pumpkin Pie Guest Post!
Pumpkin Carving Tips!
Pumpkin Carving Tips 1: Get your timing right! If you buy and carve your Halloween too early, It will go rotten and smelly before Halloween even comes around. They are usually at their best until they are a week and half to two weeks old.… Read More
Halloween Goodies 2016
With Halloween just around the corner, I have been looking at all the ghoulish Halloween goodies on offer this year. I have probably left it a bit late again, like I do every year. I promise myself I will be more organised next year, but it always seems far too early, and then far too late!! Anyway, in my search of Finlay’s very specific Halloween Costume Request. He wants to be a spooky super-hero, he has accepted Batman’ The Dark Night’ which I think just fits the Halloween theme.
However, in all my searching I came across some great little Halloween costumes and some bargain accessories, so I thought why not share them with you, in case like me, you too are doing a last minute spooky shop!
- Halloween spider two piece Fancy Dress Costume, 1 – 4yrs, £9.00
- Kids Grey Inflatable Bat Wings, £5.00
- Teen Neon Fairy Fancy Dress Costume, 9 – 16yrs, from £13.00
- Halloween Black Vampire with Sounds and Lights, 3 – 12yrs, from £12.00
- Kids Black Halloween Ballgown Witches Set,3 – 12yrs, from £11.00
- Kids Green Monster Costume, 9 months – 5 yrs, From £11.00
- Children’s Pumpkin Dressing Up Set, 3 – 5yrs, £3.99
- Frankenstein Trick or Treat Tin, £1.79 (Also available in Purple Bats, Spider and Bats and Skeleton)
- Spider Halloween Treat Bag, £2.49 (Also available in Witch, Pumpkin and Frankenstein)
- Glow in the Dark Skeleton Onesie, 3 – 14yrs, from £20.00 (limited sizes available)
- Monster Claw Slippers, size 9 jnr – 6, from £15.00
- Frankenstein Character Loot Bag, £1.00
- Purple Ghost Loot bag, £1.00
- Many other loot bag characters and designs available
- Halloween Witch Top Hat Hairband, £2.00
- Kids Werewolf Halloween Costume, 4 – 11yrs, £12.00
- Halloween Devil Dress up Costume, 1 – 14yrs, from £10.00
You can check out My other Halloween posts here, if you are looking for some not so spooky Halloween books!… Read More
I can’t tell you how excited I am that is almost Halloween. There’s something about when you have kids that makes the holidays that extra bit special and magical. Halloween especially. Finlay being a little boy loves anything monster related as it is. However, he is extra excited about upcoming Halloween. We are going over to Aunties house for a party again this year. Finlay had so much fun last year dressed up as a little vampire playing with all his friends and eating way too much junk (he still remembers waking up and being sick, Oops bad mummy moment!)
I love to find books and crafts that relate to all the different seasons and events associated with it and so does Finlay. I think a great way to build up the anticipation is to read and collect Halloween books. What better way to get everyone into the spooky spirit than a huge collection of witches, monsters, skeletons and ghosts!!… Read More