Are you looking for some Halloween themed snack inspiration? Well look no further, here is my easy Halloween Popcorn Mix ! A perfect treat to go with my suggested Horror Com Movies or my Not so Scary Kids Movies! Popcorn is a great treat to make because it really is super easy to and relatively cheap. I would also suggest it’s healthy (it can be) unfortunately I jazz mine up a little too much, but there’s a few times a year we should all be allowed to indulge and Halloween is definitely one of those times!
Easy Halloween Popcorn Mix!
What you need:
- 50g of Popcorn Kernals
- 1tbsp Oil
- 40g of White Wilton Candy Melts
- Orange and Black Sprinkles
- Orange and Green M&M’s (or smarties)
- Heat the oil in the saucepan for a few minutes. Add the Popcorn Kernals (Make sure you use a lid). Heat gently and the kernals should start to pop. It should take a few minutes for all the kernals to pop, don’t over heat or it will start to burn. Remove from the heat and add to a deep bowl.
- Meanwhile, lightly crush the M&M’s and place to one side.
- Next add the Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave as per the instructions. Once melted stir into the popcorn little by little until all is covered. You can add as much or as little as you like depending on how sweet you like it.
- Take the M&M’s and sprinkles and tip into the popcorn popcorn, mix well. The chocolate and sprinkles do stick better to the popcorn with the more Candy melt you use. Leave to set for a few minutes.
Voila, your Easy Halloween Popcorn Mix is ready! Serve in either a bowl or tip a small amount into treat backs and fasten using some thin orange organza ribbon! Then sit back, watch your film and enjoy!
Have you ever made your own homemade themed popcorn? or perhaps you go a step further? Have you seen my Halloween Theme Freakshakes?