We knew it was coming, it had been forecast, but waking up to the rain and grey skies was a tad gloomy. Especially after the glorious sunshine of the past few days. Apparently in the south we were hotter than Thailand, and it was glorious!
Rainy days come with mixed emotions in our house. I love the sunshine, the long days of summer. Chris on the other hand, can’t wait for autumn and the cozy storms it brings. Finlay, well come rain or shine he loves being out. However, he especially loves a play in the rain. He’s a typical boy as soon as there’s a puddle, he is in it. So when I asked him if he wanted to go out and splash in some puddles, I got a massive yes and he kissed my knee and said “THANK YOU MUMMY”!! He was happy. However, I know venturing out in the rain isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, so I thought I would share some of our other rainy day activities to inspire you.… Read More
The Utter Confusion of the School applicant Process!
Seeing all the back to school photos on my news feed has sent my tummy to a bag of nerves. This year we will be starting the School Application Process! To be honest It has come round so quickly (I guess it does for everyone). I feel I know very little about the process, but I know from word of mouth and news feeds, its a scramble for any place. I know also, all the local schools to us have been oversubscribed for the past few years. I’m guessing that’s a bad thing!
We live in an area that has one definite school in catchment. This school has a great reputation, but it’s a church school. They hold 30 places for worshippers and 30 places for everyone else (this may drop if they have over 30 church applications). Then they follow the standard allocation procedure.… Read More
Well, this is my first blog post on Southern Mummy, so what better way to introduce myself than 25 Random facts about me!
… Read More
- I don’t know how I am thirty something, I still feel like a teenager (How can I be a parent!?!)
- I am Mummy to Finlay.
- My all time favourite film is Walt Disney’s ‘The Incredible Journey‘ from 1963.
- Cows hate me – They actually do!
- I love animals (even cows).
- I have two cats, Milo a 13 year old ginger moggie and Sebastian a 7 year l old posh Oriental.
- I am Extremely shy, especially around people I don’t know – it really annoys me!
- I don’t really have much dress sense – as long as its comfy, hey!
- I LOVE cherry pie and custard.
- I’m Dyslexic – I love to write, I’m not sure that’s the best combo, but I try!
- I have a pea head – I have to buy child hats and glasses as a result.